NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Carrick on Shannon Family Life Centre.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The board of directors
LOCATION: Carrick on Shannon Family Life Centre
PURPOSE OF JOB: To provide Assessment and Play Therapy to Children in Carrick on Shannon family life centre 2-3 days per week on a 1 year contract.
- To work within the framework of the overall objectives of Carrick on Shannon family life centre.
- To work within the overall policies and procedures of Carrick on Shannon family life centre inclusive of Health and Safety Policy, Confidentiality and Child Protection.
- To work to the centres model and standards of best practise. To adhere to the Code of Ethics of the play therapy profession.
- Contribute to the development of play therapy in the Carrick on Shannon family life centre by utilising an evidence based approach. To keep informed of ongoing developments in the field of child protection and the field of play therapy.
- To work as an integral member of a team in assessing and monitoring the needs of the children referred.
- To plan implement and evaluate play therapy programmes.
- To carry out individual play therapy sessions with children and work collaboratively with children, parents and colleagues to implement individual treatment programmes.
- To present clinical reports and ongoing reviews ,attend and contribute to professionals meetings and case conferences as requested with other agencies when required.
- To maintain appropriate records of equipment and to participate in audits and evaluations. To document assessments and interventions in line with professional guidelines and to keep up- to- date reports and statistics on clients.
- To encourage and support the parents provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
- To be responsible for keeping up to date casework records, daily logs and written assessments.
- To report child protection concerns in line with CFLC Child Protection Policy.
- To work in close liaison and co-operation with other Statutory and Voluntary Agencies as deemed appropriate
- To attend Team, and external agency’s meetings and training as required
- To meet regularly for supervision of work with your Assigned Supervisor
- To participate in training as may be provided from time to time.
- To adhere to the centres Working Alone policy.
- Develop working relationships with relevant agencies e.g. Education, Social Care and Health, legal services.
- To be responsible for and committed to ongoing professional development i.e. CPD and participating in regular clinical supervision in accordance with membership of a professional play therapy body.
- To undertake any other relevant and reasonable work assigned by the Manager or Services Director.
Be An accredited Play Therapist
- Have 2 years experience working in play therapy
- A recognised third level qualification in psychology, social work, psychotherapy, counselling, teaching, early childhood care and education or related field.
- A recognised post graduate qualification in play therapy at minimum diploma level and 2 years experience working in play therapy.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- Report writing abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to Plan
- Possess articulate communication style
- IT Skills
- Full clean drivers licence and use of own car
- A comprehensive knowledge of child development
- Experience of working with vulnerable children
To Apply: Please email an up-to-date CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date is 20th of July 2018
Carrick on Shannon Family Life Centre is an equal opportunities employer