Rainbow Community Services is an independent organisation providing a range of services to young people aged 12-19. We have two units in operation; Smithstown Lodge and Ivy Mews 16+.
Smithstown Lodge is a mainstream residential home for adolescents, both male and female, aged 12-18 years of age whom for a variety of reasons have emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Ivy Mews 16+ is a residential project which aims to enable young people aged 16-19 to develop the skills and resilience they require to assist them in becoming successful tenants on leaving the Care system.
Rainbow Community Services are currently seeking to recruit relief social care workers for our semi independent service Ivy Mews 16+.
Requirements for this position:
- Candidates must have at a minimum, a B.A. in Social Care or the equivalent in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of current legislation and standards relating to residential care.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar setting.
- Demonstrated ability to build meaningful and trusting relationships to young people and focus on positive outcomes.
- A positive, optimistic, non judgmental attitude to working with young people at risk and who may present with behaviours that challenge.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
The successful candidates will need to be Social Care qualified or equivalent and have some experience working in a residential setting.
To apply for this role please submit an updated Curriculum Vitae along with a covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com by Friday 27th July @ 5pm.