Blossom Ireland is an award winning organisation providing life skills programmes and out of school activities and services for children and teenagers with special needs. We are passionate about giving our young people with special needs the choices they deserve. Our work has been recognised by Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, the Ireland Funds and Trinity College Dublin to name but a few. We are now looking for a Communications Coordinator to help us share our story.
Contract: permanent role, 37hrs per week
Location: Dublin 5
Reporting to the CEO we are looking for a creative, energetic and fun person to join our small, dynamic team. You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a comparative role. You are a natural communicator, who can confidently project our external voice to a discerning audience. You are proactive by nature and are happy to take the initiative to complete projects using your own expertise.
You will have primary responsibility to develop and implement communications structures to grow the channels of communications to our families as well as to media and stakeholders. You will play a key role in raising the organisation’s profile, enhancing its reputation and supporting its ambitious plans for growth.
Team work is critical at Blossom Ireland where we rely on one another to deliver. Someone who is both flexible and assertive, who remains calm under pressure, will work very well with us.
- Plan and roll-out communications and media engagement for the organisation’s services as well as fundraising and advocacy activity
- Proactively identify opportunities to develop Blossom’s public profile on key issues, leading the organisation’s public engagements
- Write materials, including letters and emails, to support fundraising activities and delivery of Blossom Ireland’s services
- Produce multi-platform content for external communications, including press releases, blogs, ezines and social media as well as utilising member surveys, videos and other methods
- Establish relationships and consolidate existing ones with journalists working at local and national media to make Blossom Ireland’s work visible to members and decision makers
- Evaluate the impact of Blossom Ireland’s communication activities and identify relevant and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a comparable role, with a demonstrable understanding of Irish media and the advocacy/community sector
- 3rd level qualification in a related field and / or journalism or PR experience.
To apply: Please send a detailed CV, including a letter of application (that clearly addresses the requirements of the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 5th June 2018
You must be available for interview the week commencing June 11th 2018