Cherry Orchard Community Childcare Service is a non profit organisation committed to providing high quality, affordable child care and education in the heart of Ballyfermot.
Cherry Orchard Community Childcare Service believes that every child should have a healthy, happy childhood where they are given the care, education, attention and choices they need to learn and develop. We want to help children reach their full potential in a culturally rich environment and through a programme of care using the principles of HighScope.
We are currently hiring an Early Years Educators. There are full time positions (37.5 hours per week) and a part time afternoon (20hours per week) position.
Please see our website: www.cherryorchardcommunitychildcareservice.com for more information about our service.
- A minimum of FETAC Level 6 in childcare or equivalent
- Motivated to work on own initiative
- Proficient knowledge in child development theories and practices
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Full knowledge and awareness of relevant and current childcare legislation
- Minimum 2 years experience in childcare provision
- Capacity to implement childcare practice in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Capacity to ensure the organisational policies and procedures support the needs-led nature of the practice in Cherry Orchard Community Childcare Service.
- A genuine interest in working directly with babies and/or young children and in partnership with parents, carers and families.
- A commitment to delivering a high quality, needs led childcare/early years programme that contributes to creating the conditions necessary for the best possible outcomes for children and their parents/guardians in Ballyfermot.
- A commitment to working with parents and children in a way that supports positive child development, child-parent relationship and overall child and family well-being.
- To fill in and maintain the appropriate records keeping procedures e.g. attendance sheets, incident reports or observation charts.
- To attend all meetings as required eg staff meetings, team development.
- Knowledge and experience of Aistear Framework and Siolta Standards
- Qualified in Occupational First Aid/ Manual Handling
- Experience in a community based childcare facility
- Knowledge of the HighScope Curriculum
Please send cover letter detailing reasons and motivations for application and CV by email to: email@example.com
Selection will involve the shortlisting of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. All applicants who meet the criteria may not be shortlisted for interview.
A panel may be formed to fill future vacancies.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 15th of June
Cherry Orchard Community Childcare CLG is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society.
Offers of employment will be based on successful completion of Garda Vetting and Reference checks.