The Larkin Early Education Service
The Larkin Childcare Facility is currently recruiting Early Years Practitioners for a well-established child care facility
- Minimum requirement for full time role QQI Level 6 with at least three years’ experience.
- Minimum requirement for part time role QQI Level 5
- All applicants are subject to Garda Vetting and two references are required for validation.
The Larkin Childcare Facility is committed to providing the highest quality childcare and early education. The service caters for 30 children, over two rooms, in a purpose built facility.
The service is operational from 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
The Early Years practitioners will work in conjunction with the early year’s team in the preschool setting (2.5 – 5 year olds) to ensure the smooth operation of the early years’ service.
Applications must be made in writing only with a full curriculum vitae and cover letter to the following:
The Larkin Unemployed Centre,
57 – 58 North Strand Road,
Closing date Friday 27th April 2018
- To plan, prepare and implement a curriculum and activities that caters for the children’s developmental age, needs and interests
- To ensure full compliance with all record-keeping obligations and maintain a high standard of written reports
- To act as a positive role model for other early years practitioners, students, visitors and children
- To implement the curriculum, policies and procedures as documented in the Larkin Childcare Facility policies and procedures to ensure the service meets Tusla Pre-School Regulations
- To carry personal responsibility for compliance with Child Protection obligations
- To act as Key Worker for specific children
- To liaise with the parents/guardians of the children
- To work as part of a team and to contribute to team discussions
- To participate in staff meetings, training and CPD courses
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- To ensure the safety and welfare of the children
- To create a safe, warm and a caring environment for the children
- To participate in the development of Early Years Policies where appropriate
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the role of Early Years Practitioner as requested by the Early Years Manager
Candidates must be
- Flexible and adaptable to emerging needs of the service and children
- Strong communication, both oral and written, with computer literacy skills
- Responsible and works on own initiative
- Committed to providing high quality early childhood education
- Committed to continual professional development
- Warm, caring and friendly
This post has a 6 month probationary period pending a successful review after 3 months
Hours are to be agreed in line with service delivery times and the needs of the service
This Job Description may be reviewed from time to time in line with the needs of the service
Remuneration discussed at interview stage