Applications are invited for the post of
Youth Justice Worker Limerick
Fixed Term Contract (6 months) 17.5 hours
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is “to support and encourage young people to be active participants in shaping their futures.” It offers a range of quality services responding to the needs of young people throughout Limerick City and County.
The Worker will be responsible for engaging directly with targeted young people who have offended or at risk of offending and support them to make positive choices to prevent further involvement in crime, thus improving their chances of gaining sustainable employment and or educational opportunities. The Youth Justice Worker will have a pivotal role in developing innovative and effective responses to the needs of young people in and around Limerick through outreach, creative programmes, structured group work and detached youth work.
Suitable candidates must have:
- Relevant third level qualification in Youth & Community work or related discipline. (Minimum qualification of Diploma). (Candidates with sufficient relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of qualification)
- At least 2 years’ work experience engaging with challenging young people (12-18yr olds) in a range of non-formal settings
- Proven track record in the design, implementation and evaluation of developmental programmes to address the needs of “at risk” young people.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and networking skills to liaise with a diverse range of individuals
- Access to a car with Full Clean Driving Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain solid experience in a Youth Justice project working with diverse and challenging young people.
To be considered eligible for this post, interested candidates must complete an application form. For a full job description and application form candidates can download forms online at www.limerickyouthservice.com or alternatively contact:email@example.com
Closing date for all applications is Monday 19th March by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process which will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply