NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Blakestown and Mountview Neighbourhood Youth Project is a specialised, community-based youth project working with vulnerable 9 – 13 year olds and their families. The project provides developmental programmes and supports; nurturing and empowering all who engage to reach their full potential. Blakestown and Mountview NYP Crèche is a community based childcare facility for children aged between 2 years 5 months to 6 years of age.
Blakestown and Mountview NYP Crèche have the following vacancies:
Two After School Practitioners – 25 hours per week (term-time) 35 hours per week (school holidays)
The ideal candidates should have the following:
- Minimum Level 6 qualification in Early Years or Afterschool Education.
- Proven track record of work with vulnerable young people
- Good working knowledge and experience of working with the Aistear & Siolta programmes.
- Up to date First Aid and Children's First Training.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate after schools programmes based on emerging needs
- Demonstrate a strong teamwork ethic and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to understand and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to understand the community context in which the work happens
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
Two copies of CV and cover letter to: NYP Coordinator, Blakestown and Mountview NYP, Shelerin Road, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 by 5pm on Wednesday 14th of February 2018.
Short listing will apply. Interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd February 2018.
Salary scales and job descriptions are available on request. All posts are subject to Garda Vetting
NYP is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.