The Boat House, Bishop Street, Dublin 8
(office space kindly donated)
Tel: 01 677 5188
E-mail: email@example.com Internet: www.ethiopiaid.ie
Registered Charity No. CHY13305 – CRA No. 20041069.
Registered Company No. 343187
Job Title: Fundraising Administrator
Reporting to: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Terms: One year contract with the potential to extend
Hours: Part-time contract (three/four days per week)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Ethiopiaid Ireland is a small charity dedicated to working towards improving people’s lives throughout Ethiopia, especially women and girls, providing them with access to quality education, healthcare and a life of dignity.
Outline and purpose of role
We have an exciting opportunity for an administration professional to join our small but dynamic team of experienced individuals working together towards lasting change throughout Ethiopia. As the Fundraising Administrator you’ll be central to the smooth working of the fundraising team and ensuring that we can maximise our fundraising opportunities. We are looking for a highly organised individual with a real skill for effective administration, with experience using spreadsheets and who enjoys learning new databases and finance systems.
You’ll have experience of using all Microsoft Office applications, good numeracy and literacy skills and the appropriate skills and outlook needed to deliver excellent supporter care. This role would be ideal for someone who has administrative experience in the sector, if not then looking to transfer their skills.
- Writing thank you letters for weekly donations received
- Monitoring and recording of online donations
- Provide logistical support during Ethiopiaid’s internal and external events
- Maintaining accurate donor gift records on Raiser’s Edge database
- Managing mailing preferences and record all results
- Ensuring accurate campaign and appeal codes on donor records
- Fulfilling donor requests for materials and information
- Responsible for data accuracy in line with general data protection regulations (GDPR)
- Run queries off database for segmentation of donors and their gifts
- Assist with administrative tasks in the day-to-day running of the organisation
- Process post and answer the office telephone
- Miscellaneous office support tasks, e.g. recording minutes at quarterly Board of Trustees meetings
- Monitor and respond to email and telephone enquiries where appropriate or forwarding on to staff
- Processing of credit/debit card donations received via phone call/post
- Weekly counting of donations received and lodgement at bank
- Support the recording process for external invoices and banking requirements
- Preparing tax reclaim submissions for Revenue
- Prior to month-end, ensure all relevant invoices are processed in time for monthly payment
- Uploading financial information onto Sage each month (training provided)
- Monthly updating of Excel Cashbook spreadsheet
Other duties and projects as assigned by the Fundraising team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional administrative experience required – minimum two years
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work towards deadlines
- The ability to master complex topics quickly and translate them into simple language and powerful messages
- Strong organisational skills: ability to effectively execute detail-oriented tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency and priority
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of CRM systems (ideally Raisers Edge)
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in using Microsoft Office
- A quick learner with the desire to develop and advance career prospects
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal office hours to meet deadlines
- A passion for the programmes Ethiopiaid delivers through their partner organisations in Ethiopia
The role is based in our friendly office in Dublin City Centre. The part-time hours are flexible working, to be discussed at interview stage. The role is offered on a one year contract with the potential to extend.
To apply please email a covering letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for the position, together with your CV to Nicola McQuilkin email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss the role in more detail please do contact Nicola on 087 093 6031.
Closing date for applications will be midday on Monday 19 August 2019.