The Boat House, Bishop Street, Dublin 8
(office space kindly donated)
Tel: 01 677 5188
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: www.ethiopiaid.ie
Registered Charity No. CHY13305 – CRA No. 20041069.
Registered Company No. 343187
Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Terms: One year contract with a view to being extended
Hours: Part-time contract (three days per week)
Salary: Salary will be dependent on experience
Ethiopiaid Ireland is a small charity dedicated to working towards improving people’s lives throughout Ethiopia, especially women and girls, providing them with access to quality education, healthcare and a life of dignity. There is a current board of six trustees who govern Ethiopiaid in Ireland.
Outline and purpose of role
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work closely with the CEO taking responsibility for fundraising through direct marketing and line management of the Fundraising Officer. You will drive and develop a strong direct marketing strategy to inspire existing and new supporters and key corporate partners about the work and impact of Ethiopiaid Ireland. You will be responsible for creating engaging content for print and digital channels; developing marketing campaigns to support a range of income generation and awareness-raising activity and reinforcing the charity’s brand identity making use and feeding into our new website currently being developed.
This is a new role in a small team of currently just two people within Ethiopiaid Ireland. This is a great opportunity to make the role your own and use your skills and experience to deliver growth through direct marketing initiatives and develop your fundraising skills further. The role requires you to implement and manage campaigns from beginning to end, using a variety of channels and direct marketing techniques. You will have a passion for development and the desire to show strong initiative and excellent writing skills.
- Lead on developing strategic and operational plans for individual donor recruitment across telephone, marketing and digital communications
- Analyse and present results for marketing appeals, reporting on acquisition and retention
- Create and implement a plan for regular giving and uplift of existing supporters
- Develop and implement creative campaigns to increase supporters and provide income generation
- Analyse results for campaign activity, measuring against agreed SLAs, test and innovate from activity
- Manage the design of fundraising material and co-ordination of marketing appeals
- Contribute to identifying and researching new opportunities to support income generation
- Offer a wide range of digital marketing creative ideas including short web videos, infographics and audio interviews where required for fundraising use
- Plan and execute Ethiopiaid’s annual fundraising events including recruitment and stewardship of individuals and corporate teams for the Great Ethiopian Run with support from the Fundraising Officer
- Manage the marketing and events income and expenditure to make sure it adheres to the set budget
- Attend external events to promote the work of Ethiopiaid and increase individual involvement
- Routinely provide high-quality written content for our various audiences throughout Ireland
- Expected to travel to Ethiopia on a communications field visit for the purpose of fundraising
Other duties and projects as assigned by the CEO.
*This list is not exhaustive.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of five years’ experience within fundraising with at least three years’ direct marketing experience
- Proven extensive experience in end to end direct marketing campaign management, acquisition and retention and able to demonstrate how you have impacted on strategy, campaign planning and delivery
- Experience with reporting on recruitment activity tracking KPI's such as recruitment rates, gift levels and costs per acquisition
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work towards deadlines
- The ability to master complex topics quickly and translate them into simple language and powerful messages
- Strong organisational skills: ability to effectively execute detail-oriented tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency and priority
- You will have line management experience, proven ability to inspire staff to deliver their best performance
- Experience of organising events for fundraising purposes an advantage
- Knowledge of CRM systems (ideally Raisers Edge), email broadcast systems i.e. Dotmailer or similar and Google Analytics
- Proven professional digital fundraising experience to include social media skills
- A passion for the programmes Ethiopiaid delivers through their partner organisations in Ethiopia
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in delivering high-quality written work.
- Creative thinker with solid experience in creating engaging content.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to talk to lots of people about the work we do!
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Attention to detail/proof reader.
The role is based in our friendly office in Dublin City Centre. The part-time hours are flexible and can be discussed at interview stage. The role is offered on a one year contract with the potential to become permanent.
Please forward a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role along together with your CV, including salary expectations, to Nicola McQuilkin email: email@example.com If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please do contact Nicola on 087 093 6031.
Closing date for applications will be Tuesday 20 August 2019. Interviews will be held in the Dublin office.