Fundraising Team Leader
The Irish Red Cross is looking for an experienced Team Leader to expand our face to face fundraising campaign which is currently based in Dublin.
In this position, you will be tasked with recruiting, training and managing a team of face to face fundraisers and providing ongoing motivation and support to them on the field.
In addition, you will be engaging members of the public at their doorstep, informing them about the crucial work the Irish Red Cross is carrying out and getting them involved by inspiring them to sign up for a monthly direct debit donation to the Irish Red Cross.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brilliant organization and a perfect role for someone who has previous fundraising experience, strong leadership skills and is highly motivated and ambitious.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Recruitment of high quality and long-term direct debit donors
- Ensuring weekly/monthly/annual targets for committed giving are met
- Attending disciplinary meetings as necessary in conjunction with the administrator
- Engaging and informing members of the public about our crucial work both at home and abroad
- Working closely with the administrator to implement a recruitment strategy, attending interviews and evaluating potential candidates
- Training both new and existing fundraisers and providing hands-on support both in the field and in the office by coaching, practicing dialogues and handling objections
- Carrying out monthly evaluations of fundraisers on a one to one basis with the individual's long-term development in mind
- Attendance of relevant internal meetings to keep up to date with new developments in the sector, the work the Irish Red Cross is doing and filtering down this information to the team as necessary
- Representing the Irish Red Cross in a courteous and professional manner at all times, abiding by the society's policies and the fundraising code of conduct
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fluent English
- A full clean drivers license
- A proven track record of success in fundraising, canvassing or sales
- Ambitious results orientated and able to work in a target driven environment
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to train, motivate and lead others by example
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and targets
- A positive attitude and a high level of motivation
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle rejection
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be able to deal with sensitive situations in both a professional and appropriate manner
- Knowledge of both the charity sector and the work of the Red Cross is desired but not required as a full training course is provided.
What can we offer you?
- Thorough training before you start your role
- Full-time flexible hours Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A friendly and supportive working environment with regular social gatherings and events
- Experience working within a charity and the opportunity to meet with international desk officers and overseas delegates
Salary: Circa 30k
Closing Date: 29th March
CV and cover letter can be sent to email@example.com