Activelink is a free-sheet - it is completely free to our readers, but we seek a payment for certain types of adverts. We rely on these contributions to cover the costs of managing the Activelink website and the email bulletins - your support is vital for the ongoing maintenance and development of the services. We employ three people working on Activelink, along with other costs such as office space, electricity, phone bills, hosting costs, technical costs, and so on. Activelink's only source of funding is its advertisers; if nobody contributes then it cannot continue.
Which adverts are free and which incur a charge?
PUBLISHED FOR FREE
- Requests for volunteers and unpaid interns
- News items and public events
- Fundraising activities
- Charitable offers or requests
- Free services to the sector
- Free training and free courses
- Publications (news, launches)
Low cover charges for refreshments or venues are usually accepted as free. If you're unsure then please ask us!
- Paid employment vacancies
- Paid interns (in receipt of more than basic expenses)
- CE scheme vacancies
- Tús scheme vacancies
- Requests for tenders
- Paid training and courses
- For-profit seminars, conferences or events
- Paid for services
- Advertising into the sector
What is the cost?
- Our standard charge for adverts in Community Exchange or Activelink Jobs & Tenders: €146.34 (+ 23% VAT) = €180.00 including VAT
- We offer a discounted rate (50%) to sole traders & small organisations with fewer than 8 employees (including part-time and CE staff): €73.17 (+ 23% VAT) = €90.00 including VAT
- Can’t afford our rate? Want to pre-book adverts in bulk? Talk to us on 01-6677326
- For additional options, such as ad banners or packages, please see this page
What do I get?
- Your advert is placed in the Community Exchange or Vacancies & Tenders section of the Activelink web site until its closing date or for a maximum of two months, whichever occurs soonest.
- A summary of your advert is placed in one of our weekly email bulletins for two consecutive weeks, if it's submitted sufficiently in advance of its closing date. Activelink Jobs & Volunteering has over 24,000 subscribers. Community Exchange has over 13,000 subscribers.
- Your advert reaches your ideal audience - those with an interest in our sector - providing you with optimal results. More information
When preparing an advert for Activelink, please check the following items, as appropriate.
Have you included:
- Some background information about your organisation?
- The closing date for applications?
- Contact details for applicants: telephone number, email address and/or postal address?
- We recommend that you include a salary scale.
- The dates and venue of events, training courses, seminars and information on how to book?
Do you know?
- You can include additional documents that can be made available as downloads from your advert (flyers, forms, job specifications, etc.). If doing so, please check that no document is larger than 2MB and that their total size is not larger than 4MB.
- We cannot publish Garda Vetting Forms on this site; you should provide them directly to your applicants.
- You can add your organisation to our Irish Links database free of charge. Then when you are placing adverts with us, you can link to your organisation's information in Irish Links to explain who you are and what you do. See the Irish Links front page for more information. Irish Links has been indexed by WWW search engines since 2001, so being listed on it will benefit your organisation.
Submitting your advert
Adverts should be submitted by email to our Web Editor on firstname.lastname@example.org - include the following items:
- The text of your advert, as it should be displayed, either in the body of your email or as an attached MS-Word or ODF file.
- Any documents that you wish to have attached to your advert (as downloadable files). See the Checklist.
- If a payment will be required for your advert then please let us know the applicable rate for your organisation.
- Very important: if you are placing an advert for a different organisation, or another organisation will pay for your advert, then please let us know this from the outset.
- If you require a Purchase Order number, then please submit the PO number with your advert.
- By submitting an advert, you agree to our terms and conditions.
You will normally receive a response within 1 working day of your submission. You will either be asked to check your live advert or provide further information. If your advert is live then please check it as soon as you can - you will be provided with a link. If your advert is chargeable then you will receive an invoice by email (from Hyperlink Ltd.) within 2-3 days. We allow 30 days to pay by cheque or EFT from the invoice date.
Deadline for weekly email bulletins
If you want your advert to be included in the next weekly email bulletins (delivered at weekends) the closing date for submission is Thursday at 1pm. Material submitted after the deadline may not be addressed until Friday afternoon or Monday morning.