NASC, the Irish Immigrant Support Centre, is a Cork-based non-Governmental organisation that seeks to respond to the needs of immigrants in the Cork area.
Nasc's mission is:
- To develop outreach programmes with asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants in the Cork area;
- In consultation with asylum-seekers, refugees and immigrants, to identify and implement a range of voluntary services;
- To liaise with relevant official and voluntary bodies in the Cork and Munster region;
- To develop anti-racism education programmes, campaigns and initiatives;
- To participate in discussion and policy formulation on issues relating toasylum and immigration policy.
Taking its name from the Irish word 'Nasc' (meaning link) the Centre represents a link between Cork's immigrant and host communities.
Nasc seeks to create an environment of social inclusion for all communities based on principle of equality, social inclusion and human rights.
Nasc, the Irish Immigrant Support Centre,
off Dominick St.,
Telephone: 021 4503462
Fax: 021 4570523