The Irish Traveller Movement (ITM) is a national network of organisations and individuals working within the Traveller community.
Established in 1990, the Irish Traveller Movement consists of a partnership between Travellers and settled people committed to seeking full equality for Travellers in Irish society. This partnership is reflected in all of the structures of ITM.
The Irish Traveller Movement was formed to be a national platform, through which Travellers and their organisations are enabled to:
- Highlight the issues faced by Travellers and to press for real solutions.
- Debate ideas and formulate and promote culturally appropriate initiatives.
- Provide those active at a local level with support and solidarity.
- Develop alliances at national level.
- Challenge the many forms of individual, structural and institutional racism with which Travellers have to deal.
Irish Traveller Movement
4/5 Eustace Street, Dublin 2.
Tel: 01 - 679 65 77
Fax: 01 - 679 65 78