Crosscare initiates, delivers and supports social programmes for the most disadvantaged groups mainly in Dublin and adjacent areas.
Food Centres, the Dublin Food Bank, Clothing, CentreCare, Community Development, Community Education, Community Training Workshop, Drugs Awareness, Emigrant Advice, Teen Counselling, Hostel for Boys, Carer Support, Traveller and CEDAR (inclusion of those with disability in the life of the parish), Night Shelters.
Drawing inspiration and guidance from the Gospel of Jesus Christ and from the social teachings of the Catholic Church - our mission in Crosscare is to serve the needs of the poor and marginalised in the Archdiocese of Dublin, by using resources put at our disposal to:
- provide for basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter
- counsel, affirm and support those who experience disadvantage and exclusion
- enable individuals and communities to participate more fully in their own development and destiny
- carry out our work in a professional and caring manner.
In solidarity with others, it is also an integral part of our mission to:
- Discern in political, social and economic structures the underlying causes of poverty and disadvantage in society
- Make our own catholic community and the wider society aware of these realities
- Advocate and work for the changes required, particularly in attitudes and beliefs, to create a more just and caring society where priority is given to the welfare of the poor and the disadvantaged.
Holy Cross College
Tel: (01) 836 0011
Fax: (01) 836 7166