For 40 years, Kimmage DSC has facilitated education and training for development practitioners working in a range of occupations from over 65 countries. We have a strong reputation in development studies in Ireland and abroad and offer an inter-cultural and experience-based learning environment. The ethos of Kimmage DSC is embodied in a teaching approach based on participatory learning and critical thinking which seeks to empower course participants with the skills and knowledge essential for development work today.
Our Vision and Mission
The vision of Kimmage DSC is a world of equality, respect and justice for all. Our mission is to promote critical thinking and action for justice, equality and the eradication of poverty in the world. We aim to do this through facilitating the education and training of individual practitioners and groups working for social, economic and political change in society and so enabling all practitioners to work effectively for the holistic development of all.
- We are a creative, critical and dynamic education and learning centre for Development.
- We offer a learning programme that is participatory, learner centred, skills based, practical and relevant.
- We have almost 40 years of experience teaching and training in Development.
- We offer a complementary experience to students, over and above the academic.
- We provide space for critical reflection, dialogue, research and capacity building for grassroots development of people and communities.
- We bridge the divide between development practitioners north and south, between academic and civil society, between higher education and adult education, and between NGOs and the missionary sector.
- We provide flexible learning options, including distance learning, part time study and recognition of prior learning.
- We provide professional upgrading and / or a stepping stone for a career in development.
Kimmage Development Studies Centre
Tel: +353 (0)1 406 4386
Fax: +353 (0)1 406 4388