The Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is the national organisation of people with limited mobility. Our goal is to achieve community inclusion and 'equality of life' for our members.
Since our establishment in 1960, we have developed into the main service provider for people with limited mobility. From the outset, services have been driven by the needs of our members. Today, our services support members in a broad range of daily activities, from learning to drive to taking a holiday.
As a community-based organisation, IWA aims to:
- Identify the needs of people with limited mobility;
- Empower people with the skills and backup to help them address their identified needs and to participate in society;
- Create awareness of the rights and needs of our members amongst policy makers, service providers, the public;
- Advocate with and on behalf of people with limited mobility for improved services and benefits;
- Provide and promote appropriate services.
Irish Wheelchair Association
Blackheath Drive, Clontarf, Dublin 3
Tel: 01 8186 400
Fax: 01 8333 873