The HADD Family Support Group,founded in 1994, is an organisation made up of volunteers - mainly parents of children with ADHD. We aim to:
- Help and support children and their families
- Create a better understanding of the condition
- Ensure adequate resources are available
- Provide an information sharing network
- Promote improved diagnostic services
- Organise meetings, workshops, conferences etc
- Provide a link between parents and professionals
- Encourage research into ADD and ADHD.
Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder (HADD) is a neurobiological disability, frequently characterised by inappropriate degrees of inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity. When left untreated, a child is at significant risk of developing impaired learning ability, decreased self esteem, social problems, family difficulties and potential serious long term affects.
HADD Family Support Group
Carmichael House, 4 North Brunswick Street, Dublin 2.
Tel: 01 - 874 8349