Respond!'s work is aimed at creating vibrant, integrated, self-managed and self-reliant communities rather than simply providing shelter or accommodation.
Respond!'s sees this as being achieved through:
- The provision of high quality, sustainable physical environments.
- Training and Empowerment of local people including pre-tenancy courses to help provide the skills required to manage an estate.
- Ongoing training on issues including child-care, health & safety, mediation and committee skills.
- The development of job-creation opportunities.
- Effective management systems which incorporate resident participation and community development as a mechanism for social cohesion.
- Policy development and analysis at local, national and european levels.
- Partnership with the statutory, private and non-governmental sectors with a view to the integration of services to, and within local communities.
Airmount, Dominic Place, Waterford.
Tel: 051 840200