Global Action Plan Ireland / GAP Ballymun aims to provide people with practical tools to build and strengthen sustainable communities by empowering local people to make a difference to their local areas, socially, economically and environmentally.
Our Guiding Principles/Values
In line with our mission statement we believe:
- In a little more conservation, a little more action
- Sustainable living is an essential, real and achievable goal
- Many things done by many people will change the face of the world
- Information alone is not enough to change behaviour
- GAP programmes are a catalyst for local environmental change.
Therefore we are committed to:
- Supporting local peoples ideas for improving their local area
- Providing a forum for people to visualise and move their ideas to action
- Facilitating community lead projects
- Ensuring that GAP initiated projects make a real difference to peoples lives and are sustainable.
- Applying the principals and aims of Local Agenda 21 to all projects we facilitate
- Disseminating the successes and points of learning of GAP facilitated projects to a wider audience both nationally and internationally
- Operating on the principle of 'copy left' that is any material we produce is free for anyone to use in their community as long as they reference the source
- Operating on a not for profit basis and acting as an equal opportunities employer
- Applying the principles of sustainable living to our workplace.
Global Action Plan Ireland
Axis Ballymun, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9, D09 Y9W0
Phone: +353 1 883 2185