Súgradh is a registered charity providing support and a national forum for the promotion of play opportunities for children in Ireland. Membership is open to any individual, group or organisation which endorses Súgradh's commitment to the child's right to play.
The aim of Súgradh is to promote and protect children's play as a fundamental human right of all children in Ireland.
The guiding principle of Súgradh is that play provision and play services should be child centred with equality of access and provision for all children.
The objectives of Súgradh are:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the essential role which play has in a child's development
- To work towards the co-ordination and coherence of policy practice and provision of opportunities for children's play
- To identify training needs in play work and to provide for those needs in liaison with other relevant bodies.
- To promote standards in the provision, design and management of play facilities, including standards, which ensure that the built environment is more responsive to the needs of children.
- To provide a representative forum for children's play in Ireland.
- To support local groups in providing opportunities for children's play.
c/o Ms Margaret Webb,
Ballywaltrim Lane, Bray, Co. Wicklow