Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee is one of 33 County Childcare Committees, which have been established throughout Ireland under the Equal Opportunities Childcare Programme.
Mission, Aims & Objectives
That a range of affordable and accessible childcare options are available and provided within the county, which are of a high quality and standard, are child centred and are appropriate to the individual needs of the child.
- To assist communities in identifying needs and gaps in service provision and to develop new services to meet these needs
- To facilitate the development of a co-ordinated approach to childcare training at all levels.
- To develop a targeted support strategy for equality, diversity and social inclusion.
- To work with other agencies in order to develop best practice guidelines for quality childcare provision and to enhance a co-ordinated approach to the development of childcare services.
- To support and develop countywide networks of childcare providers.
- To encourage employers to facilitate parents' childcare needs.
- To provide advice and information on grant applications and funding.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Childcare Committee
Unit 16, Deansgrange Business Park,
Tel: 01 2896600
Fax: 01 2896601