Crosscare Carer Support Programme has been working to support family carers in the North Dublin and County Dublin area for over 15 years. Our aim is to help improve the quality of life of family carers who are often vulnerable and under stress. Our experience informs us that if the carer is supported, not only will the well being of the carer be enhanced but also that the person being cared for may be enabled to stay at home for as long as is possible.
We define family carers as people of any age who are caring full time or part time for a member of their family who has special needs, a frail older person or someone with a long term illness. They may not live with the person for whom they are caring. We recognise that many family carers become isolated in their caring role and offer services to break this isolation.
In a confidential and respectful environment we offer:
- Informal one to one support to people who are providing care
- Local support groups for carers at several Dublin venues
- Counselling to carers (limited spaces)
- Respite weekend breaks twice a year for carers in 4*hotels in Ireland
- Respite days for those unable to get away for weekend breaks including Summer day trip and Christmas social
- Drop in coffee mornings at several Dublin venues on a monthly basis
- Information on relevant services and information
- Regular newsletter and updates
- Training Courses and workshops
- External Speakers
- We work with other agencies to promote and address issues relevant to carers.
- We support carers in our service during the time of transition as their caring role comes to an end.
CROSSCARE Carer-Support Programme
The Red House
Clonliffe College, Dublin 3
Tel 01 - 836 00 11
If you would like more information please contact Nora or Rosemary