The Waterford Healing Arts Trust is Ireland's leading hospital arts programme. Based in Waterford Regional Hospital, Ireland, the Trust explores the role of the arts in the promotion of healing and well being through a multi-disciplinary programme of arts activity.
The concept of the 'healing arts' is founded upon the basic tenet that the arts make a valuable contribution to the well-being and vitality of our society. Interaction with the arts stimulates an individual's sense of identity and creativity. Stimulation of the spirit has proven to be a vital aid in recovery of the body.
The Waterford Healing Arts Trust brings the arts beyond conventional boundaries and into new areas where the aesthetic qualities of the arts are valued equally alongside their therapeutic and healing qualities and whereby art and artists can thrive and excel in environments outside of mainstream arts venues.
The Waterford Healing Arts Trust aims
- to reduce anxiety and stress for patients, visitors, and staff through integrating art into the environment of the hospital
- to facilitate access to and participation in the arts
- to forge closer relationships between hospital professionals and between the hospital and the wider community
- to take the lead in the field of arts and health in the Republic of Ireland for the benefit of arts and health organisations, including health boards, government departments and other hospitals
- to promote good practice in the field of arts and health.
Waterford Healing Arts Trust
Waterford Regional Hospital
Dunmore Road, Waterford
T. 051 842 664