The Vegan Society of Ireland was formed in 2009 by a group of vegans concerned with the promotion of the vegan philosophy and ethics in Ireland.
Vegan Ireland is a nonprofit and voluntary organisation.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The aims and objectives of Vegan Ireland: the Vegan Society of Ireland are as follows:
- To offer support and information to people interested in veganism.
- To promote and increase awareness of veganism as a just, healthy and environmentally-beneficial lifestyle choice.
- To raise awareness of the rights violations and exploitation involved with the production of animal based products.
- To research information relevant to a vegan lifestyle and where appropriate to publish this information.
- To lobby for manufacturers to use non-animal based materials in their products.
- To support and promote real science and reject vivisection on moral and scientific grounds.
- To promote respect towards all animals, human or nonhuman, and the environment by appropriate means.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with organisations with compatible aims and objectives to Vegan Ireland: the Vegan Society of Ireland.
12 Mountjoy Square,