Community Law & Mediation (CLM) was established in 1975 as the first independent, community-based law centre in Ireland. It supports more than 3,000 people annually through its range of services, which include free legal advice and representation; information and education; mediation and conflict coaching; and law reform.
CLM operates two Community Law Centres, CLM Northside (Dublin) and CLM Limerick, and collaborates with other organisations to provide outreach advice clinics around Ireland. CLM also campaigns for law reform, and for the safeguarding of rights already enshrined in law, in areas such as education, housing, disability rights, social protection, employment and equality. For more details on CLM’s work, please see www.communitylawandmediation.ie.
CLM is seeking a Communications Intern with an interest in social policy, human rights and access to justice to assist the Communications Manager in implementing the communications strategy of the organisation (one day or two half days per week, depending on availability). The role will involve helping to raise the profile of the organisation with relevant stakeholders and helping advance CLM’s law reform agenda.
- Assist with promoting CLM’s work, core messages and legal and policy positions across all platforms, with a particular focus on raising CLM’s profile on social media;
- Monitor media and current affairs, and Oireachtas activity, to identify and maximise opportunities for the organisation to inform the public debate;
- Draft a quarterly newsletter to members and volunteers;
- Assist with the design of infographics and flyers;
- Help leverage CLM’s education and training events.
- Qualification and/or experience working in communications and public relations an advantage
- Proficient in social media communications
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is an unpaid internship and the hours of work would be one day (or two half days) per week. If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV and details of your availability to Elizabeth Devine, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 5th March 2020.