Board Member Vacancy
Liberties Training Centre, Dublin 8 was established in 1986 as a response to high youth unemployment in the local area. We deliver high-quality, QQI accredited, training programmes, designed to meet the needs of local young people, aged 16-21, which also meet labour market needs.
We’ve a holistic approach to our training; providing counselling, additional support, small classes and linking with other local agencies to ensure every young person has a chance to reach their full potential.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, developing a strategy for the next 3 years. We are seeking to strengthen our board, diversifying our skill set, adding more expertise so we are best placed for success.
Liberties Training Centre are seeking to recruit two voluntary board members, particularly with a background in Human resources or Fundraising.
General duties of a Board Member
- Complying with our governing document.
- Ensuring we comply with our vision & mission, for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing our assets
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the Not-For-Profit and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the sector.
- Policy formation and implementation as required
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
Board Meetings: There will be 6 board meetings and 4-6 sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings are held in Liberties Training Centre, Dublin 8.
If you are interested, please contact the manager, Leanne Young at email@example.com