The water station is set up at the 3 Mile mark of the Home Run, just over the halfway point. All supplies are dropped off on race morning by the logistics team. Volunteers then arrive at the station to set up, and prepare the station to serve the 2,500 runners. After the last runner has passed, the team of volunteers break down tables, pack up the left over supplies and ensure the area is tidied afterwards.
The water station team of volunteers are encouraged to theme their water station and may choose to wear costumes or race volunteer bibs. Once volunteers are finished they will be picked up and will return to the “Volunteer Check In“.
This role is most suitable for a group of about 10-12 people.
Date: March 7th, 2020
Time: 7.30am- Midday
Contact: Mariya Shevchenko – MariyaShevchenko@dubsimon.ie – 01 472 2133
- Arrive at the park at 7.30am, report to the volunteer tent at the Papal Cross.
- Once you arrive at the water stop, help set up the tables and pour water cups.
- Hand out water to runners and keep topping up enough new cups.
- Once all the runners have passed, tidy away all rubbish and fold the tables ready for collection.
- You'll be transported back to the Simon Village after the race for a well earned cuppa!