Role Title: Daffodil Day Co-Ordinator Ardee
Overview of role
This role requires you to take the lead as the local co-ordinator of the Daffodil Day activities in Ardee and the surrounding areas. Daffodil Day is Ireland’s biggest flagship fundraising day and requires the support of volunteers who organise the sale of Daffodil Day merchandise in their local area.
As the Co-Ordinator for Ardee, you will be responsible for ordering and distributing stock to a number of various locations in Ardee and surrounding areas, organising and placing volunteers across those locations, as well as collecting and lodging funds raised.
Tasks involved in role
- Source and organise volunteers to help with the sale of Daffodil Day merchandise across 10 locations in Ardee and surrounding areas. Volunteers can include family, friends, or local school students etc.
- Order, store and distribute Daffodil Day merchandise
- Supervise Daffodil Day activity in Ardee and surrounding areas on March 27th 2020
- Collect and lodge all funds raised throughout the day at your local AIB or post office
Skills and Experience Needed
- Fluent English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good connections in local community
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Full clean driving licence would be beneficial but not essential
Time Commitment Needed
The main activity for this role will take place from January – April 2020, peaking during the week of Daffodil Day on March 27th 2020
It is required that you volunteer from 8am – 6pm on the 27th March.
Location of Role
Ardee, Dunleer, Tallanstown, Louth Village and Cullen
Your local Community Fundraiser will act as your staff contact, providing you with any necessary support or guidance in this role.
You will have the additional support of existing volunteer committee members, including a volunteer Treasurer.
You will be expected to attend a half day training
This is an opportunity to get involved in a high level volunteer role in Ireland’s national cancer charity.
The funds you raise ensure cancer patients and their families get the help they need, from a volunteer driver bringing patients to their treatment or a researcher working to find better ways to diagnose and treat cancer.
How to apply
If this sounds like something you would like to get involved in please contact Brenda, your community fundraiser on 087 2807197 or email@example.com who will give you more information.