Communications Intern, CEO Office
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, befriending and support, housing with support, co-living, and the application of assistive technology. We have more than 1,200 volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We have been awarded Quality Marks from Volunteer Ireland, the ISO, the Charities Regulator and the Housing Regulatory Standard.
ALONE has a position for a Communications Intern to join our CEO Office team. The role will sit in the office of the CEO, with direct reporting to the Communications Officer.
Responsibilities may include
- Producing materials and copywriting for newsletters and relevant internal and external communications
- Sourcing stories and case studies that demonstrate the work that we do
- Keeping ALONE social media current
- Updating information on the ALONE website
- Supporting with media launches and events
- Creating and designing Powerpoint presentations and other materials
- Organising printing of materials
- Supporting the roll out of a brand manual
- Taking on other ad-hoc duties as required
Skills and Background
- Qualification or experience in Communications or similar
- Strong communication skills – online, written, in person
- Good grammar and excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Plain English writing and editing skills
- Good IT skills are desirable
- Some experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), Canva, and Wordpress is desirable
General Requirements for all ALONE staff and Interns:
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date and make these available upon request.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all Quality Management System documents. Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing information as appropriate.
Our core values are Partnership, Innovation, Dignity and Respect for the Individual, Transparency, Companionship and Non-Judgemental.
- Part-time position, 1- 3 days (Monday – Friday) dependent on availability, flexibility around days and hours.
- Position located in ALONE, Olympic House, Pleasant Street, Dublin 8
- This is an unpaid internship within an excellent supportive working environment
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter stating what interests you about working with ALONE, the role and your availability to email@example.com. Closing date for applications will be 20th November 2019.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.