NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Role Title: Part time Volunteer (one day per week) 8am-1pm
Reports To: Project Worker
Location: Bray, Co Wicklow
Dublin Simon Community are opening a new service in Bray, Co. Wicklow, as part of the Cold Weather Initiative (CWI). The purpose of the emergency service is to provide people who are currently living on the streets of Wicklow a warm, welcoming, and safe place to take shelter and sleep over the winter months. We are looking part time volunteers to assist in the mornings with the tasks listed below.
Core Role Requirements:
- Being present when clients wake and helping staff to close the service by 8:30am
- Ensuring clients are aware of any appointments in the day or messages for them
- Keeping the shelter tidy and preparing for the next night
- Bringing laundry to the laundrette when needed
- Keeping the kitchen tidy and shopping for supplies when needed
- Being present as clients return for appointments with the key worker and providing support with any follow up, e.g. phone calls.
- Being present give the cleaner access to the building
Please see Role Description and Application Form attached below.
To Apply: Completed Applications Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org