Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force
Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force are seeking an independent (voluntary) Chairperson for their board.
Tallaght Drugs and Alcohol Task Force (TDATF) is one of 14 Local Drugs Task Forces set up in March 1997. A key function of TDATF is to assess the nature and extent of alcohol and substance misuse in the area and to coordinate responses. Membership of TDATF includes representatives from the statutory, community, voluntary and political sectors. Through a partnership approach TDATF provides oversight for the implementation of TDATF action plans, which co-ordinate all relevant alcohol and substance misuse programmes / initiatives in the local area.
The role of TDATF Chairperson is twofold: to lead the Task Force and, to facilitate its meetings. It is important that the chairperson carries these out in an independent manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To provide leadership to the board and to ensure that the board fulfil their duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the Task Force*
- To Chair meetings
- Taking responsibility for helping everyone involved in the group to work well together towards achieving the Task Force’s aims;
- Acting as spokesperson and representing the Task Force, as appropriate; including national fora
- Helping the Task Force to develop policies and priorities and ensuring that it continues to operate to these;
- Helping to resolve conflict; and making emergency decisions between meetings, where necessary, in accordance with procedures agreed by the Task Force.
- To plan meetings and develop the agenda in conjunction with the Task Force Coordinator
- To work in context with the Operational Guidelines of the Task Force, the TDATF Strategic Plan 2017 – 2020 and the National Drug & Alcohol Strategy “Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery”
A full job specification is available from Grace Hill, Task Force Coordinator at 01 464 9303 or email@example.com
To apply please send a C.V and cover letter for the attention of TDATF to
By email: niamh.mcguinness@sdcpartnership
By Post: Tallaght Drug & Alcohol Task Force, South Dublin County Partnership, Block 3, County Hall, Belgard Square North, Tallaght, Dublin 24