Volunteer Role - National Support Helpline
Irish Foster Care Association National Support Helpline
Location: Irish Foster Care Association, Tallaght Village
Commitment: Only 4 hours per week
- The Irish Foster Care Association urgently requires your help to provide guidance, support and empathy to foster carers across the country.
- Our National Support Helpline Volunteers are an essential part of the Irish Foster Care Association team.
- We are seeking responsive, dependable people to provide telephone support to our Helpline callers for one 4-hour day per week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 11.00 am and 3.00 pm at our office in Tallaght Village.
- The Irish Foster Care Association is committed to supporting our volunteers so they can provide foster carers around Ireland with the highest quality of support and guidance.
- Given to the nature of the work, fluent English is essential.
Our Commitment to you:
- We will provide ongoing comprehensive training:
- Induction training.
- 4-6 weeks call handling skills.
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Skills & Practice (Fetac level 7 Module Component of ICHAS Degree Programme).
- Ongoing personal development.
- Clinical and group supervision provided.
- Ongoing support through our onsite dedicated Advocacy and Helpline Co-Ordinators.
- A warm friendly team atmosphere.
Your Commitment to Us:
- Dedicate just 4 hours per week to taking calls in our National Support Helpline.
- A minimum one-year commitment is requested post our course accreditation.
- All volunteers are subject to interview, Garda vetting and reference checks.
Interested? We would love to hear from you! If you would like to join our volunteer team or to discuss supporting IFCA in a voluntary capacity, please get in touch with our dedicated Membership & Volunteer Manager, Nuala Sheedy, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 086 4185662.