FamiliBase is a centre for children, young people and families based in Ballyfermot.
FamiliBase is seeking to recruit an experienced Chairperson of the Board of Directors. The Chairperson’s role is a focal one, both for internal and external purposes.
FamiliBase is governed by a range of legal and regulatory requirements. The governing body of FamiliBase is its Board of Directors.
FamiliBase’s Board of Directors is a group of professional individuals who volunteer their own time to sit on the Board. The individuals are mainly identified for their professional skill-set, expertise and experience. There may be funder representation at times also.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Passion for working in communities that are traditionally underserved
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop Board consensus and collective responsibility while ensuring decisions are taken and followed-up
- Experience as a Board Chairperson of ensuring effective oversight and governance and working collaboratively with a CEO and a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the community sector, of community development principles and of the roles/responsibilities of a governing body in the community and voluntary sector (including the Charity Regulators Governance Code).
- Ability to adopt, promote and protect an innovative and radical model of practice while supporting the organisational and leadership approach it requires
- Ability to support the organisation in managing calculated risks in an often risk adverse climate
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy
For further information on the role and/or FamiliBase please contact Gordon Clark, Acting Chair @ firstname.lastname@example.org