NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Irish Blue Cross is looking for volunteers to help out at our mobile clinic in Blanchardstown on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 9pm.
Overview of The Irish Blue Cross
The Irish Blue Cross is an animal welfare charity that provides low cost veterinary care to pet owners who are genuinely in need. This is defined by a list of means tested benefits.
The service is provided through our main Clinic in Inchicore and through our Mobile Clinic Services.
Overview of the Mobile Clinic Assistant Role
The start time at the mobile clinics is 6.15pm and the finish time is 8/8.30pm. The official finish time is 8pm but due to the nature of the work carried out by the charity this can run over depending on the start time of the clinic, the number of pets attending the clinic and the severity of the cases on a particular night.
The volunteer role involves administration work including maintaining patient records on a computer system, cash handling (taking payments and cashing payments off) and assisting the vet on duty.
We are currently looking to recruit volunteers who would be available on a weekly basis for our Walkinstown Clinic. We are also always looking for volunteers who can provide cover at any of the other clinic locations.
Mobile Clinic Locations
We operate 10 Mobile Clinics each week. The clinics locations are:
- Monday Cabra and Tallaght
- Tuesday Crumlin and Blanchardstown
- Wednesday Ballybrack, Smithfield and Ballyfermot
- Thursday Walkinstown and Finglas
- Friday Donnycarney
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Opportunity to help the Charity with its mission to provide care for pets of eligible owners
- Opportunity to help promote responsible pet ownership
- Opportunity to be part of a service that provides pet care to pets that otherwise would not be able to receive the care and treatment they need
- Become a vital member of the mobile clinic team
- Induction and training provided - such as training on policies and computer system
- On-going back up support provided
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, specifically databases
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently within a collaborative team
If you are interested in joining our team of Volunteer Mobile Clinic Assistants please contact Una O’ Toole MVB (Head of Veterinary Services) by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and for a copy of the application form.
All volunteer positions are subject to reference checks.