The iClub is an Afterschool project based in Fettercairn Community and Youth Centre. The children aged 7 - 12 may come from challenging backgrounds or have difficulties with academic work and/or social skills. 'The iClub' is a safe place for them, to work and play, to have an opportunity to feel a part of something and to be valued for themselves.
Volunteers are a vital part of our project and are always welcome and appreciated. As a volunteer, you will be rewarded with seeing the difference a supportive consistent routine can make to a child’s daily life, in a safe environment.
What’s involved in volunteering?
- Sitting down with children at meal time.
- Supervising groups of children for homework time, encouraging and motivating them.
- Gently encouraging children to get involved in the various activities and boosting social skills.
- Generally engaging with the children and enjoying their company.
We are looking for someone who…
- Enjoys interacting and playing with children.
- Is compassionate and understanding.
- Is enthusiastic and energetic.
- Is reliable, patient, resilient and flexible
Experience with school age children is of benefit. Prior experience working with children in a disadvantaged context is a great advantage. Fluent written and spoken English is required.
Time Commitment. We operate from 2.30pm – 4.30pm - Monday – Thursday during term time. We welcome volunteers who can do one afternoon per week, if you can do more we’ll be delighted.
Screening details for this role:
- Application Form
- Informal Interview
- Garda Vetting
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please contact Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org