Job Title: Communications Intern (Unpaid)
Type of Contract: Temporary (6 months)
Hours: Part-time, 2-3 days per week (flexible working hours)
Location: 137 Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6
Expenses will be covered by MyMind.
MyMind is an award-winning and fast-growing provider of accessible and affordable mental health services. At MyMind, we believe our work addresses a huge social need, providing proven positive outcomes for those impacted by mental health issues.
MyMind is looking for a talented Communications Intern to join our dynamic organisation for a 6 month period with the potential of being offered a position of employment.
This will be a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to gain invaluable experience across media relations, marketing, social media and event management. The ideal candidate would be energetic, hard-working, and social media-savvy, with excellent writing skills.
- Manage our multiple social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any other relevant channels. This will include scheduling of posts, daily interaction and developing strategic direction.
- Manage content creation for our website and press releases.
- Help build awareness of our brand and our services.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of promotional campaigns.
- Assist in developing content marketing strategies.
- Assist in arranging events, talks, workshops etc. with the potential of attending such functions schedule permitting
Essential skills and experience:
- A creative thinker with the ability to express new and innovative ideas.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral).
- Positive attitude; demonstrates initiative and ownership in identifying and addressing solutions.
- 3rd level qualification in communications, public relations, journalism – or in the process of completing such.
- Commitment to MyMind’s social mission.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is the 23rd of September 2019.