Role of Shine Volunteer Facilitator
Shine is currently seeking a Volunteer facilitator for a Family peer support group in Cahersiveen which meets monthly on the last Monday of each month.
Shine peer support groups are self-help and social groups for people affected by mental health difficulties. They provide a safe place for people to come together to socialise and discuss relevant issues in a mutually supportive environment.
They create an opportunity for individuals to gain confidence to work on their recovery, receive and give support, share information and experiences and forge alliances with peers. The group facilitator plays a very important role in the running and development of the peer support groups.
The facilitator is there to ensure a productive group process and to ensure that the group works as a constructive and cohesive unit. The responsibilities of a facilitator may vary depending on the nature and activities of the group but the skills and values required in facilitation remain the same regardless of the nature of the group.
The facilitator’s responsibility is:
- To lead, guide and support the peer support group
- To ensure that the room is set up on time and that refreshments are available (the Cahersiveen group meets monthly on the last Monday in the month from 7-9pm)
- Provide support to the development of the peer support group and members of the group, e.g. encouraging members’ participation in events, training etc.
- Report to the Regional Information and Support Officer in connection with accounting for any monies expended through the groups (for example tea, coffee, travel expenses incurred. This involves filling out an expenses claim form and submitting to Shine Head Office)
- Receive supervision from the Regional Information and Support Officer
- Attend facilitator meetings and training sessions as agreed in advance
- Act as a representative of Shine and adhere to the relevant policies
Shine’s responsibility to the facilitator is:
- To provide briefing meetings where the facilitator will receive support and guidance in the delivery of their role
- To be available in addition to face to face meetings, over the phone and email if required for support and guidance as necessary
As part of the recruitment process, you provide personal and sometimes sensitive information about yourself to Shine. Shine is committed to having safeguards in place in keeping with current regulations. This applies to all data collected and processed, whether it is collected on paper, stored in a computer database or recorded on other media. For more information about you right please read the attached Personal Data Privacy Statement.
To apply please send CV and Cover Letter (outlining why you are suitable for this position) send via email or post:
Mairead Egan, UNIT 2, MONAVALLEY BUSINESS PARK, TRALEE, CO. KERRY, V92 RXC7 or email: Megan@shine.ie
Applications to be submitted no later than 13th September at 5pm 2019. Interviews to take place in Cahersiveen.