Transparency International Ireland (TI Ireland) is the Irish Chapter of a global movement against corruption. It is independent of government, politically non-partisan and non-profit making.
TI Ireland has been operating its Speak Up helpline since 2011, to provide assistance to whistleblowers, as well as witnesses and victims of corruption and wrongdoing.
The role requires a commitment of three days a week, working Monday to Friday at TI Ireland’s office in Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1, from 9am to 5pm/10am to 6pm, with an hour for lunch.
The purpose of this position is to support the work of TI Ireland and, in particular, the Speak Up helpline and other projects headed by TI Ireland’s helpline coordinator.
Main Role and Responsibilities
- Call handling
- Participating in weekly casework meetings
- Email handling
- Legal research and analysis
- General research and analysis
- Operating case/data management systems
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading
- Administrative support to the helpline coordinator and CEO
Additional responsibilities as required
- General office administration
- Assistance with fundraising efforts
- Assistance with event organisation and management
- This role reports to TI Ireland’s Helpline Co-ordinator as line manager.
- Working in a busy office environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including fully fluent English)
- Excellent IT skills including in relation to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent inter-personal skills including an ability to empathise with callers
- Excellent research skills
- Highly motivated and organised
- Legal training/experience
- Customer service experience
- TI Ireland Helpline Co-ordinator
- TI Ireland Legal Counsel
- TI Ireland CEO
- Induction, support and evaluation
- Ongoing supervision and training
- On request, letter of reference
- Pre-agreed out-of-pocket expenses
TI Ireland are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Privacy Notice sets out how we process and safeguard any personal data collected during the recruitment process.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6pm on 26 July 2019. Please use the code HA/2019 in the subject line of the email. Applications that don't use this code in the subject line may not be read.