Volunteer Content Creators - graphic designers, social media specialists & researchers
Are you a communications enthusiast who loves to create and share interesting content? Interested in learning what life in a small charity is like? Want to help us to raise awareness of and access to volunteering? Then you may be interested in volunteering with the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre as a Content Creator.
About Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre
We work to build a vibrant Dún Laoghaire Rathdown where every person feels connected to their community through active participation in voluntary activities. We do this by supporting people to volunteer and organisations to involve volunteers.
About the Content Creator volunteer role
As a very small charity, creating new and interesting content for our service users doesn't happen as often as we'd like. We would love someone who can help us with this! We understand that people have different skills and interests and would love to hear from people who are interested in one (or more) of the following tasks:
- Drafting content for our Twitter and Facebook pages on a weekly basis
- Creating and designing visual resources for DLRVC or its service users
For example: illustrations/graphics for use online, infographics to communicate our work, leaflets or guides for volunteers/organisations etc.
- Monitoring, researching, and/or summarising trends, news and best practise that relate to volunteering and volunteer management
What's required for this position
We are looking for creative and passionate people who to help us increase the awareness of and access to volunteering. We are looking for individuals who have:
- Proven experience or learning in the area of marketing/ communications
- Excellent IT skills including an interest in embracing online tools to create and collaborate
- Creative and ideas-generating approach to your work
- A genuine enthusiasm for volunteering or non-profit organisations
- Motivated to develop ideas on their own initiative, as well as contribute to a dynamic team
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Experience being part of a small but highly motivated non-profit team
Develop practical experience in marketing & communications and work on creative projects that interest you
Work with your volunteer manager to create a meaningful role for you
Read more about the role here. If you are interested in applying for a role as a Content Creator please email Clare Cryan at email@example.com by Monday 29th July to request an application form. We will be accepting applications for this role during July. We expect to review applications in August and bring volunteers on-board thereafter.