Access to Justice Intern
The Children’s Rights Alliance unites over 100 members working together to make Ireland one of the best places in the world to be a child. We change the lives of all children in Ireland by making sure that their rights are respected and protected in our laws, policies and services.
The Access to Justice Initiative aims to provide legal information and advice to children, young people and their families regardless of their situation or status. One of the key aspects of the initiative is the Know Your Rights Guide, a plain English guide on children’s legal rights and entitlements. The intern will work closely with the Access to Justice Manager to plan and organise Know Your Rights training events and consultations. They will also work to implement the Access to Justice communications and marketing strategy and collate research and trends on access to justice issues for children and young people.
- Assist is the organising and planning of Know Your Rights consultations and training events.
- Assist in research on children’s rights and access to justice issues for children and young people.
- Monitor weekly developments in the Oireachtas for children and young people.
- Support the Communications and Development team in the implementation of the Access to Justice Communications and Marketing Strategy.
- Assist the logging of media files, articles, databases and contacts through Salesforce CRM.
- Interest in children’s rights and/ or access to justice issues.
- Good ICT knowledge.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work well within a small dynamic team.
- A commitment to the values of the Children’s Rights Alliance.
- Committed, driven and hard working.
- Positive, consistent, thorough and accurate.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to the values of the Children’s Rights Alliance.
Location: Offices of the Children’s Rights Alliance, 7 Red Cow Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7, Ireland.
Reporting to: Access to Justice Manager
Duration: 2 months commencing in July
A stipend will be paid to the successful intern to cover food and travel expenses
To apply send a letter and CV with ‘Access to Justice Intern’ in the subject line to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 21 June 2019.