The IACP is looking for volunteers – IACP members and external / non-members – with experience of research in the counselling / psychotherapy and / or mental health field, to form a Research Committee. If you are passionate about research – about the value, impact and benefits of carrying out research and embedding a research ethos in the counselling / psychotherapy profession, please read on.
The purpose of the IACP Research Committee will be:
- To advise on research issues and policies relating to research in counselling/psychotherapy and the mental health field.
- To help to identify and address research challenges that IACP might encounter.
- To help to support IACP in using evidence to encourage public debate and education about counselling/psychotherapy and mental health.
- To help to further the development of IACP’s research strategy and policy.
- To encourage and embed a research culture within IACP and the Profession.
Skills and abilities:
Research Committee members should have relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge in the area of counselling / psychotherapy research and/or mental health research. Qualification at Doctoral level is desirable. Research committee members will be expected to:
- be able to demonstrate good strategic research thinking
- have an interest in/experience of research relevant to IACP’s strategic aims
- have a willingness to devote time and effort
- have good, independent judgement
- be able to think creatively
Time and commitment:
Research committee members will be expected to attend committee meetings every second month, and to have read any information sent on prior to the meeting. Members should be prepared to fully participate in meetings and to work alongside IACP staff to ensure the development of the committee’s goals in line with IACP strategy.
There is no remuneration for this role. However, the IACP will reimburse reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out the role in line with our volunteers expenses policy.
If you wish to apply to be part of this Research Committee, please download, fill in and forward the "Volunteering with IACP" form available on the website, together with a Professional Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter outlining your interest, to Dr Ellen Kelly at email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st of June. Please note that all applications will go before the Board in early July.
For the “Volunteering with IACP” form, please visit: http://www.iacp.ie/voluntary-work-psychotherapy-counselling