NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Title: Communications and Fundraising Intern
Employer: Mercy Law Resource Centre Limited (MLRC)
Reports to: Managing Solicitor
Salary: Stipend for expenses (€15 per day)
Working Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm - 3 days per week – with a possibility of working remotely some of the time
Duration: 1-2 months dependent on availability of candidate.
Location MLRC offices, Dublin, though travel may be required.
Mercy Law Resource Centre (MLRC) is an independent law centre, company limited by guarantee and registered charity. MLRC uses the law to help those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. It does this through:
- Free legal advice in clinics held in hostels and drop-in centres for those who are homeless or facing homelessness;
- Free legal representation;
- Policy work where we advocate in relation to laws, policies and attitudes that are particularly harsh for our clients;
- Befriending service. Where our clients who are without supports, are, if they want to, matched with a volunteer befriender. The volunteer befriender is a steady support for the client as they navigate their way through the difficult time of asserting their legal entitlements; and
- Legal support and training for organisations and professionals working in the field of housing and homelessness.
For more details on MLRC’s work, please see our website, www.mercylaw.ie
This role will be a varied and flexible role with opportunities to develop new projects dependent on abilities and under the overall supervision of the Managing Solicitor. The role will be to support the communications of MLRC, through our social media platforms, e-zine and blog. The role will also include supporting our funding applications and fundraising applications. The role will involve some general administrative tasks including monitoring phones and assisting with daily tasks in the office. The communications and fundraising intern will work under the guidance and support of the Administrator dedicated to this work in the office, and will also report to the Managing Solicitor.
The main focus of the work will be on:
- Research media opportunities for MLRC and stay up to date on all media relating to housing and homelessness in Ireland by preparing a daily brief for the office;
- Assist Administrator and Managing Solicitor in drafting press releases;
- Drafting and disseminating content for website, newsletters, blog and other social media channels;
- Curate a communications schedule for MLRC;
- Update text and design of MLRC information leaflets;
- Assist with event promotion and management;
- Assist with the drafting, design and dissemination of MLRC Annual Report and Impact Report.
- Identifying, recording and researching new fundraising opportunities suitable to our organization;
- Drafting funding applications;
- Supporting the smooth running of any fundraising events.
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest in social justice issues, particularly housing and homelessness.
- Candidates must be flexible and reliable, committed to working as part of a team and committed to the values and ethos of MLRC.
- Candidates must have excellent organization and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good computer skills are essential.
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, communications and event management would be desirable.
- Experience in mixed media production and photography skills would also be desirable as would knowledge of graphic design packages.
Please note that we will be reviewing application on an ongoing basis but the final closing date for receipt of Applications is 5pm on the 20th of May
Please send a copy of your CV along with a Cover Letter to Danielle@mercylaw.ie