Role Title: Social Enterprise Retail Assistant – part time volunteering role
Role Purpose: Retail assistant in one of our Social Enterprise Charity Shops
Reports to: Social Enterprise Supervisor
Location: Dublin City
Purpose of Dublin Simon Community Social Enterprise
Our shops have two important purposes – to raise much needed funds for our homeless services and to provide a working environment for our clients to receive training as a potential pathway out of homelessness and to employment. We have recently been successful in achieving a Re-Mark award - Ireland’s Reuse Quality Mark of Excellence. This demonstrates our commitment to quality, safety and reuse. It also demonstrates our commitment to sustainability and championing a circular economy.
Core Role Requirements:
- Sort sellable items based on shops sorting policy.
- Ensure shop floor is stocked sufficiently with items for sale.
- Steaming of items if required.
- Hang items in storage area and prepare for pricing.
- Tag items with pricing gun.
- Price items as per shops pricing policy.
Customer Support and Customer Service
- Provide assistance to customers as required.
- Make and receive calls from services and the general public and deal with queries in a polite and helpful manner.
- Use of Till and log items under appropriate codes.
- Support clients when they arrive in the shop to help select items of clothing.
- Log all client clothing discounts through the Clover till system.
Appropriate training is provided for all volunteers within Dublin Simon Community.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To report any area of concern to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the service.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your supervisor and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the supervisor from time to time.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, positive and flexible
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and marked “Charity Shop Volunteer”