Role Title: Full Time Volunteer Counselling service administrator
Role Purpose: To provide administrative support to the counselling team.
Reports to: Counselling coordinator & team
Location: Dublin City
Core Role Requirements
- Assist with service promotion and development, building relationships with internal and external services.
- Log all incoming referrals and all incoming documentation pertaining to a client in line with Data Protection requirements
- Prepare case documentation for each client (referral information and case note template for counsellor etc.)
- Regularly dispose of client documentation and update the relevant logs in line with Data Retention requirements
- Carry out all relevant admin regarding counsellor applications/interviews, including placement of ads, scheduling and inviting for interviews, room bookings, creation of personnel files
- Keep updated & maintain volunteer counsellors personnel files with references, GV, insurance and supervisor information etc.
- Prepare counselling team expenses/petty cash for sign off by service manager.
- Submit and follow up on maintenance requests for the various standalone counselling centres
- Ensure standalone counselling centres are adequately stocked with stationary, restroom and cleaning equipment etc.
- Answer counselling landlines in case of absence of Counselling Coordinator.
- Assist in the event management of events planned by the counselling service (e.g. trainings, launches, conferences)
- Prepare counselling team expenses/petty cash receipts for signing by Service Manager
- Research all counselling related events and conferences and manage the bookings for the participants from the counselling team.
- Record minutes of meetings as directed by team
- Support counselling team in the collection and preparation of statistics
- Participate with Dublin Simon communities events where necessary & as directed by the counselling coordinator.
- To assist in & undertake research projects as directed by counselling coordinator.
- To comply with Dublin Simon community Garda clearance and reference checks.
- To operate within all the policies and procedures and guidelines as stipulated by Dublin Simon Community, data protection, confidentiality.
- To report any area of concern, e.g. health & safety to your counselling coordinator in a timely manner.
- To undertake the role in a manner that is friendly, flexible while maintaining professional boundaries, and working as a team member.
- Ensure all records and systems are kept up to date in a clear and concise manner in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- To assist the coordinator in the research, development & delivery of training programmes.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and Dublin Simon as a whole.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of the application is 5th May 2019