NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
About Ozanam House Community Resource Centre
Ozanam House is a community project operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, working directly with people in need through an action-oriented programme, attempting to effect positive change through social justice. Our work primarily involves person-to-person contact. Throughout the year we run childcare, youth, adult education and community programmes.
The Volunteer will teach three classes: Beginners, Improvers 1 and Improvers 2, 45 min each. Violin, guitar, piano and dance classes for children 6 to 11 years old.
Time commitment 10 am to 2 pm.
General knowledge of music subject, to be able to lead and support classes of up to 10 children. Be interested and enthusiastic to work with children and music.
What's required for this position
This role requires guitar tutoring and planning and organisational skills
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Guitar, Violin, Keyboard. Dance; Hip-Hop, Tap, Musical Drama.
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role: Fluent English
Times and commitment required for this role: Saturday morning & afternoon
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Training & Induction
- The volunteer will receive an induction/information night in the centre prior to his/her first inset and will get a general information pack to become familiar with the centre and our procedures
- The volunteer will have an initial meeting with the co-ordinator to receive a role-specific induction and to agree a timetable and schedule of duties in line with the volunteer role description
- Ongoing individual training programmes will be provided if necessary
Location of volunteering opportunity: Ozanam House Resource Centre, Mountjoy Sq West, Dublin 1
Also available in these counties: Dublin - Fingal
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Ongoing training opportunities
Age restrictions: Over 18
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers? No
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
- General happiness and satisfaction
- Personal and professional development in terms of confidence, patience, adaptability
- Learn new skills (e.g decision-making and finding alternatives, leadership skills, communication skills, organizational skills
Phone; 01 8742804