Volunteer Communications Assistant – three month unpaid
Title: Communications Assistant
Responsible to: Press Officer
Main purpose of the role: Support the Green Party Communications Team through the election period. The role involves assistance with press and media work, graphic design, social media, messaging, event management and internal communications. The role is unpaid so the duties and work plan has been designed to include a broad range of experiences which will help someone who is looking to gain practical experience in the area of communications and political messaging.
ROLE DESCRIPTION - DUTIES
- To assist the communications team with media queries, press releases, press conferences, and media monitoring.
- To work with Green Party representatives on media and social media issues.
- To help in the creation of high quality digital media content for external and internal
- communications - print, video, imagery and other content.
- To assist with the management of the Green Party website, and to ensure it is website is kept up to date.
- To support the management and monitoring of Green Party engagement across all major social media platforms.
- To support the online advertising strategy.
- To provide other support to Communications Team as required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent writing skills - preferably experience writing content for media and press consumption.
- Experience in creating engaging content for all the major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with followers on social media, on internal fora and other channels.
- Digital literacy and the ability to pick up and use different platforms: CMS, graphic design software, social media, etc.
- An ability to work well with many stakeholders in a diverse organisation.
- A familiarity with Irish politics or a desire to get involved in a body immersed in a political environment.
- An interest in the fundamental principles of the Green Party.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After
- Effects, Premiere (or Final Cut Pro).
- Basic knowledge of WordPress.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by the 20th of March.