PlusOne Mentoring Internship
We have an exciting new Internship position for our YMCA PlusOne Mentoring programme.
We are currently seeking a graduate of Social Science, Youth and Community work or other relevant qualifications. We are also open to applicants who have a minimum of 3 years experience, paid and/or voluntary, in the field of Youth Work. You must be available Monday to Friday for a minimum of 32 hours per week. This is a one year internship with the opportunity to extend into a second year starting May 2019-May 2020.
YMCA Dublin will facilitate any relevant training and support to the intern during their time with us. YMCA Dublin will cover all work related bus fares and reasonable travel and subsistence costs to the intern on this scheme. Where necessary Self-catering accommodation will be provided for the duration of the internship.
The Intern will gain experience in:
- Working directly with young people and their families.
- Liaising with schools, Garda, child and family services, counseling services in order to enhance the opportunities of a young person.
- Working with volunteer mentors and aiding in their training and development.
- Getting hands on experience in the Field of Youth Work.
- Opportunities to work in different departments in the YMCA such as Youth Work, Youth Cafe, Community Hub.
- Learning about the organisation and the greater movement of the YMCA.
- Collaborate and assist in the development and growth of the programme.
- Interest in the participation of children and young people in decisions that affect their lives.
- Experience of working with young people is desired. Skills in written and verbal communication.
- Willingness to undertake out of hours work and travel as the position requires, for which time in Lieu will be provided.
- Availability to complete the agreed term of internship available.
To receive an application please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date April 1st 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.