Role Title: Full-time Volunteer- Human Resources
Role Purpose: Provide administrative support within HR Team ensuring all administrative duties are carried out effectively with particular emphasis on the administration support to the Training & Development remit.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Core Role Requirements
The volunteer will have exposure to a number of areas of work.
Training and Development
- Inviting, confirming, and reminding employees in relation to training.
- Preparing training material and training venues as and when needed.
- Filing and distribution of training certification.
- Monitoring and reporting on attendance at training.
- Input training needs into the HR system.
- Input training attendance into the HR system.
- Compiling and collating training evaluation data.
- Day to day management of the Training & Development email inbox.
- Complete Statements of Employment.
- Input performance review data on the HR system.
- Assist in the administration and upkeep of leaver files in line with data protection requirements.
- Book Hepatitis B appointments with the Occupational Health provider.
- Prepare statistics, graphs and metrics for Head of Human Resources if required.
- Provide support to the office - answering phones, dealing with queries etc.
- Undertake other duties and projects as may be required from time to time.
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and Dublin Simon as a whole.
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the service. Volunteering during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic, can do attitude
- Demonstrates a customer service approach
Qualifications - Desirable
- HR related qualification
- Previous experience in a HR department
Apply by emailing email@example.com
Closing date of the application is 6th March 2019.