Job specification - Voluntary Community Support Worker
Position: Voluntary Community Support Worker
Location: Portlaoise (office) and all prisons
Reporting Relationship: Manager
Note: This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and responsibilities attaching to the post. Therefore it is neither definitive nor restrictive and will be subject to periodic review and revision at the discretion of Care After Prison or person nominated by the organisation.
Community Support Worker
Reporting structure regarding the role
The Community Support Worker reports directly to the Manager and is an active part of the wider CAP team.
Main purpose of role
The purpose of the role is to engage with and manage a case load of clients and to support and facilitate the removal of barriers to re-integration into society of individuals who have been affected by imprisonment.
The main areas of responsibility are:
1. Client Assessment and Support
- Assess clients’ barriers to returning to society in the context of their whole life. Assess collaboratively with the client to see what strengths he or she might have to build on in an effort to reduce recidivism.
- Work with clients to develop an holistic and in- depth work focused action plan with defined activities which the individual client needs to complete within agreed timescales
- Carry out a risk assessment with all clients to try ensure the safety of the client, those people within the CAP premises and the organization as a whole.
- Working closely and intensively with the clients to gain trust and ‘buy in’ to proposed actions
- Liaise and discuss issues related to the client and the action plan with the Manager or other agency/agencies incorporating feedback
- Assist and take part in staff meetings and progress meetings to ensure a highly efficient level of communication between staff and service users.
- Ensure no duplication with other agency works occurs
- To liaise with other agencies and stakeholders to understand and utilise other sources of support and advice to help support families and move individuals into work.
2. Record keeping
- Ensuring that data sharing protocols are strictly adhered to
- Provide timely and accurate progress reports, identify issues and propose and develop solutions
- To provide weekly written update reports on progress against action plans to the Manager
- To keep all information relating to staff and service users confidential.
- Contribute towards your own training and development
- Actively contribute to supervision sessions
- Assist the manager with data base maintenance
4. CAP team member duties:
- Keep excellent written records on all aspects of activity on site and provide information to CEO, the wider team, Board of Directors and outside agencies as requested
- Represent Care After Prison well, its ethos, values and culture, in all dealings with people inside and outside the organisation
- To promote a friendly, non-judgemental, anti discriminatory attitude in every aspect of the work, towards clients, colleagues, Board members, members of the public and other agencies.
- Create a culture where a new beginning is held in high regard and seen as realistic and achievable, even if a lot of change needs to happen in the meantime
- To assist in other aspects of the work of Care After Prison as the need arises and to carry out any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Deadline for submission is 22nd of February.
Applications and queries can go to email@example.com