NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
About Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre
We support those interested in volunteering to find meaningful opportunities to volunteer and we work to build the capacity of volunteer involving organisations to involve volunteers in their work.
The Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Volunteer Centre is looking for a skilled and motivated individual who is interested in gaining hands-on experience in the community and voluntary sector. The volunteer will become part of the Placement Team which supports people in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown to find and access suitable volunteering opportunities.
This means that you will be helping other people to get started with their volunteering opportunities!
Tasks will include:
• Using Salesforce CRM to follow-up with volunteers who are registered with DLR Volunteer Centre
• Keeping detailed records of interactions with volunteers on the database system
• Data updating and cleansing activities
• Additional administrative tasks to support the office
• Liaising with Volunteer Centre staff members to report updates
This volunteer will work closely with staff working on the Placement Team. The volunteer will receive an initial induction as well as opportunities to attend further training where possible.
What's required for this position
• Excellent computer skills: experience with Microsoft Software essential and previous experience of working with a database is helpful (Salesforce)
• Motivated and energetic self-starter who takes initiative
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills within the role
Level of English required for this role:
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Hands-on experience with a voluntary organisation with ongoing support and feedback at regular intervals. Being an equal member of a fun, professional, civically conscious and dynamic team.
To apply, please contact Briege George at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Monday 25 February at 12 noon.